Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine ’s Day to myself

Ok. I am sick of it. There are the consumerists, proponents of commercial everything who have popularized the gift-buying, chocolate-having day to the extent that they have given birth to the activists, the anti-valentine day crowd who think the day is for losers and that you have to be seriously demented or mushy to believe and celebrate something half as ridiculous.

I do not even want to get started on the political aficionados who are so completely jobless and devoid of agenda to give excess attention and mainstream a mere saint’s death in a country which they would not be able to locate on the globe.

There are singletons who are renouncing their newly achieved or consistent singlehood. There are lovers who are fretting over what to purchase for their loved ones. There are the pink chaddis, epic sale of condoms and the fully booked restaurants. There is this electric competiveness of ‘what did you get’ and ‘where
are you going’ etc.

I do not have any of that, nor am I any of those people.

I am but an ordinary girl with small wishes. I live in my tiny little world. The world probably has no use of me. Tomorrow, I just want to be able to say, “I love you” to anyone without being judged, dismissed or distinguished.

If that is too much of expectation, I will just quietly wish a ‘happy valentine’s day’ to myself. Peace.

1 comment:

neha smiles :) said...

hey sweetie :)

lovely words--so so true!
a happy valentines day to you..and a bigtightwarm hug..
much love